FRENCH 5 Ensemble – Small Group Decoding Game for French Vowel Sounds
Looking for a fun, simple game to help your French primary students practice decoding words that is focused on six different target vowel sounds (a, e, i, o, u, é)? is easy to prep and easy to play, but will help your students practice important decoding skills!
Looking for a fun, simple game to help your French primary students practice decoding words that is focused on six different target vowel sounds (a, e, i, o, u, é)?
is easy to prep and easy to play, but will help your students practice important decoding skills!
To play, choose a vowel, then print & prepare the game board and corresponding cards. Print one game board per student in your group (I recommend playing this game with small groups). You will also need “jetons” for each student (I provided an option to print if you like, or use whatever you have).
Throughout the game, the target sound is red, « lettres muettes » are gray, and les son composés are underlined.
How to Play:
- Place the cards face-down in a pile. One at a time, students will draw a card and read the word.
- Then, they will find a picture that shows that word on their board and cover it with a jeton.
- The first to cover 5 in a row is the winner!
There are only five words per game board so that students can really master decoding each one and build confidence!
Included sounds/words to decode:
- Aa: ananas, arc, sac, rat, arbre
- Ee: renard, cerise, cheval, melon, jeton
- Ii: igloo, lion, six, dix, fourmi
- Oo: robe, brocoli, bol, moto, piano
- Uu: fusée, jus, jupe, plume, lune
- Éé: école, fée, bébé, étoile, zéro
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*