Médailles merveilleuses – citoyens modèles (FRENCH Reward Tags – model citizens)
Médailles merveilleuses (or “reward tags” in English) are a super fun, effective, simple classroom management technique, centred around noticing and rewarding the positive behaviours our students show and the great choices they make. This set includes 16 different tags that celebrate a strong classroom community and interacting well with others.
Looking for a simple, effective way to help your French primary students be their best selves this school year? Want to encourage and focus on their behaviours that promote a positive classroom community and applaud their personal growth?
Médailles merveilleuses (or “reward tags” in English) are a super fun, effective, simple classroom management technique, centred around noticing and rewarding the positive behaviours our students show and the great choices they make.
How it works:
- At the start of the year, each student receives an empty necklace chain (I prefer the ball chain necklaces, which can be found inexpensively on Amazon).
- Throughout the year, they receive médailles (“dog tags”) to reward them for showing great behaviour and choices to add to their necklace. The aim is to collect as many as they can throughout the year and to continuously improve their behaviour.
- The teacher decides how many tags they want to pass out each day.
- To keep your tags durable and lasting all year, I strongly suggest laminating them before you cut them out. Then, just punch a hole at the top of the tag and store them in an easily accessible place so you can grab them as soon as your students show great behaviour.
I like to use this particular set as a tool when we are learning ways to improve our relationships with others (as per our Nova Scotia Health Curriculum) to explicitly teach and discuss the behaviours we can use to become good classroom citizens, and then celebrate when we show these behaviours.
One thing to keep in mind is that we want our students to EARN their tags – we want them to be consciously reflecting and making good choices about how they interact with others!
This set includes 16 different tags that celebrate a strong classroom community and interacting well with others.
Included tags are:
- J’écoute les autres
- Je suis un bon ami/Je suis une bonne amie
- Bonnes manières
- Bon partenaire/Bonne partenaire
- Je démontre de l’empathie
- Je démontre de l’integrité
- Je démontre de la gentillesse
- Je démontre du respect
- Je suis honnête
- J’aide les autres
- Je suis juste
- J’utilise de la coopération
- L’esprit d’équipe
- Je me soucie des autres
- Je partage
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*