Comment capturer un monstre (French Repeated Read Aloud Lessons)
Everything you need to practice reading comprehension strategies with your students, using the book Comment capturer un monstre by Adam Wallace. This set includes one whole week’s worth of literacy activities (30-45 mins/day) to do with your students.
Everything you need to practice reading comprehension strategies with your students, using the book Comment capturer un monstre by Adam Wallace! This set includes one whole week’s worth of literacy activities (30-45 mins/day) to do with your students.
You will read the story each day, and then examine certain aspects of the text more closely (close reading). Your students will practice making predictions, putting the events of the story in order, making connections, examining the problem and the solution in the story, and imagining what will happen next (la suite de l’histoire).
There are also instructions and a template for a super fun (but optional) monster trap activity to do at the end of the week!
Lesson plans also include opportunities for shared writing and individual responses. I have included both interactive notebook and full-page response sheet options for each activity, so you can use what works best for your students. There is also a colour poster that explains each strategy taught throughout the week.
This resource includes:
- 5 different reading comprehension activities
- 1 suggested schedule for the week
- Multiple options for independent student work following each whole-group activity
- 5 posters with definitions for important reading comprehension strategies
- Instructions and a template for an optional monster trap activity
- A template to use to help teach your students any new vocabulary words from the story
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*