FRENCH Kindergarten Math Les formes en trois dimensions (3D Shapes) Les solides
This math unit includes TEN complete 3D Shapes lesson plans, along with warm-up activities, whole-group activities, partner practice activities, independent worksheets & interactive notebook options, sorting mats, vocabulary cards, and more!
Are you trying to get math workshop started in your French primary classroom, but have no idea where to begin? Want to make sure that your students get the most out of their math lessons, but aren’t sure how to structure them? Looking for some ideas to make your lessons more hands-on and engaging?
This FRENCH math workshop unit can help!
As a maternelle teacher in a francophone school, I knew for years that my math lessons needed to be hands-on, engaging, and fun for my students. Plus, of course, they needed to be learning the material!
There weren’t really any resources available to me en français, and I had NO IDEA where to even begin!
After LOTS of trial and error, I have finally found a math workshop lesson plan structure I love. I also have a bank of activities to draw from that have proven to be successful in helping my students master 3D shapes.
During all that trial and error, I always wished that there was a program already out there with everything that I needed inside. I wished that there was something out there that could even just point me in the right direction!!
So, I have put TEN of my identifying, sorting & building 3D shapes lesson plans together for you, along with warm-up activities, whole-group activities, partner practice activities, independent worksheets & interactive notebook options, sorting mats, vocabulary cards, and more!
These lessons and materials have all been tested with my own students. They have been a huge factor in helping my students really master and understand 2D shapes.
- Ten pre-made, easy-to-follow lesson plans. Each shows the skills being taught/practiced, materials lists, warm-up/show what you know ideas, a whole-group lesson, and a partner practice activity
- A variety of warm-up activities, including fluency cards and a whole-group game
- An independent math worksheet AND interactive notebook option to close out each lesson
- Clear instructions for structuring your math block
- A sorting and classifying mat that you can use for the lessons and for math centres once the unit is complete
- A post-unit evaluation to help you know if your students understand sorting & classifying at the end of the unit
- Example référentiels to help guide you in co-creating your own with your students. There are also blank versions that you can print in poster-size and fill in with your students
- Various options for creating your student partner lists ahead of time
**Please note that some activities will require manipulates (not included). I have done my best to only include manipulates that are found in most maternelle classrooms (3D solids, modelling dough, etc.). If you are missing any of the suggested manipulates, you are welcome to substitute for whatever you have!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*