FRENCH Oral Communication Game – Dans mon sac à dos – Jeu de communication orale
Looking for a fun, engaging way to get your students speaking French and learning new, important school-themed vocabulary words? This fun jeu de communication orale is a great way to get ALL your students speaking!
Looking for a fun, engaging way to get your students speaking French and learning new, important school-themed vocabulary words? This fun jeu de communication orale is a great way to get all your students speaking, right from the beginning of the year!
This school-themed classroom is easy to play, and easy to prep. Just print, laminate, and cut out the pieces and you are ready to play! I put the vocabulary cards in a basket, and put my backpack on a piece of chart paper.
- Put the vocabulary cards in a basket and make sure the backpack is on display. Sing the poem with your students a few times and review the vocabulary words on the cards.
- Choose a student to come draw the first card. They will say the name of the object on the card. If they don’t know, encourage your other students to help figure it out! I like to then have my whole class repeat the answer in a complete sentence: C’est un.e _________!
- Once everyone knows what the vocabulary word is, your student can put the item in the backpack (using tape or sticky tack), and the game continues. Repeat the poem and another student can choose a vocabulary card.
You may choose to have one card per student, or just choose a few words to work on at a time.
- A simple, catchy poem for your whole class to sing to introduce each round of the game
- 52 vocabulary cards (in colour)
- The same 52 vocabulary cards in black & white
This game is wonderful when you have the majority of the class at the carpet ready to get started, but a few stragglers finishing up their work. We start playing, and the stragglers are immediately motivated to get to the carpet as fast as they can!
My students also use the game independently as a literacy centre, once they are experts.
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*