These simple cards will be perfect to use with your small groups to help develop French vocabulary AND conscience phonologique skills!
Included in this resource:
- 28 cards in colour (one per letter except 2 each for Cc & Gg). Each card contains a variety of words that begin with the target letter (depicted in the centre of the card) and words that do not
- The same 28 cards in black & white (perfect for an interactive notebook activity or to print on coloured card stock)
To prep, just print, laminate, and cut. There are two cards per page, side by side for one slice cutting.
- Provide students with jetons, snap cubes, clothespins, or even dry erase markers – anything that will allow them to “mark off” correct answers
- Review the letter and sound(s) it can make
- Go around the mat, saying each word together and stretching the first sound
- Students can show if it begins with the target letter by marking it off on the card
Once students are “pros”, you could also use this as an independent centre activity.
NOTE: I suggest doing this together, as some sounds and vocabulary words are pretty tricky. For Xx, words just need to contain the letter to be correct. For Hh, since it doesn’t actually make a sound, I don’t usually actually use that card (but I provided one in case you want to). If you (the teacher) aren’t sure what I was going for with a certain picture, you can use the provided lists on each coloured page, or just say whatever word you like and determine with your students if it begins with the target sound :)
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*