FRENCH High Frequency Words/Sight Words – Les mots fréquents et les mots usuels
Looking for a way to help your French primary students learn and master their first 90 sight words? Check out this Apprendre les mots fréquents resource! This resource will easily allow you to teach your students 90 high-frequency words, at their own pace.
Looking for a way to help your French primary students learn and master their first 90 sight words? Check out this French high frequency words resource – Apprendre les mots fréquents!
This resource will easily allow you to teach your students 90 high-frequency words, at their own pace.
I have grouped 90 “mots d’haute fréquence” into groups of 10 and assigned each list a colour. Each list has a flash card for each word (to be put on a binder ring) as well as flash cards with 11 different sentences using words from the list to practice fluency and learning the words in context.
The FRENCH high frequency words lists build in difficulty, and the sentence cards use words from each of the preceding lists as well. As students master each list, they can track their progress.
This FRENCH High Frequency Words Resource Includes:
- 90 sight word flash cards that can be printed out on card stock of the corresponding colour, hole punched and put on binder rings in groups of 10 to be sent home or used in class for practice (10 sight words per colour x 9 colours)
- Corresponding sentence cards that build in difficulty and allow students to practice only the words they have seen so far (11 sentence cards per colour x 9 colours)
- Evaluation sheets for gathering progress data
- Certificates for when a student masters a colour list
- A progress sheet (colour and black & white options), where each student can colour the ocean creatures one at a time as they master each list
- A simple sight word game to allow your students to practice their words in small groups
What are other teachers saying about these French sight word flashcards?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I have been using this resource in my classroom for at least the last 4 years in my grade one classroom at a francophone school. I have found this resource to be invaluable and always recommend it to teachers teaching in immersion or francophone schools. The transition in grade 1 is hard for the students and these documents help the student recognize sight words and use so many other reading strategies. Sometimes I use it in grade 1 and 2 for students new to the French language. Using this resource they seem to catch on very quickly. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write this review for this product, but here I am! Better late than never? I highly recommend this product! Bravo Madame Andrea! J’adore!!!” — Madame Mindset
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students loved learning the word lists during small guided group time. They were excited to be able to read a whole book after each list!” — Christine K.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This is one of my most used purchases! I use the words during my guided reading (small group reading) block with grade one and grade two students. We review the lists then send them home to practice. The kids get so excited when they move up to the next color. I took the time to cut and laminate the individual words and sentences on color coordinated paper which took some time but is definitely worth it.” — Kelly M.
❤️Other French Sight Words Resources You Will LOVE:
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
✅Follow me on Instagram for more primary French teaching tips and resources!