FRENCH Small Group Math – Mathématiques en petit groupe – Nombres 1 à 10
Are you trying to get small group math off the ground in your French primary classroom, but have no idea where to begin? Do you want to make sure that your students get the most out of their guided math lessons, but aren’t sure how to structure them and what to even do with your students once they are in small groups? This FRENCH small group/guided math unit can help!
Are you trying to get small group math off the ground in your French primary classroom, but have no idea where to begin? Do you want to make sure that your students get the most out of their guided math lessons, but aren’t sure how to structure them and what to even do with your students once they are in small groups?
This FRENCH small group/guided math unit can help!!
As a maternelle teacher in a francophone school, I knew for years that I *should* be doing guided math to ensure that I could meet all of my students’ needs, just like I do with reading.
There weren’t really any resources available to me en français, and I had NO IDEA where to even begin!
After LOTS of trial and error, I have finally found a small group lesson plan structure I love, as well as a bank of activities to draw from that have proven to be successful in helping my students master their numbers from 1-10.
During all that trial and error, I always wished that there was a program already out there with everything that I needed inside, to save me from having to plan and prep a bunch of different lessons for each group.
And before that, I wished that there was something out there that could even just point me in the right direction!!
So, I have put TWENTY of my guided math lessons together for you, along with warm up activities, math journal questions, exit tickets, pre/post tests, evaluation sheets, and a variety of spinners, work mats, comptines, and more!
These lessons and materials have all been tested with my own students, and have been a huge factor in helping my students really master and understand their numbers from 1-10.
- Twenty pre-made, easy-to-follow lesson plans, each including a list of skills being taught/practiced, materials lists for students, things to evaluate, tips for below-level, on-level, and above-level students, and warm up/show what you know ideas
- A variety of warm-up activities, including fluency cards and numeral formation practice mats
- A math journal question, exit ticket, AND white board response option to close out each lesson
- Clear instructions for structuring your small group time
- Ideas for what to do with the rest of your students while you are working with your small group
- Tips and instructions for creating a guided math teacher tool kit to help you stay organized
- Templates for you to use to record anecdotal notes while working with your groups
- A pre-test and a post-test for both numbers 1-5 and numbers 1-10, to help you form your small groups
- A collection of work mats, manipulates to laminate, 5 and 10 frames, spinners, comptines, play doh cards, and more for your students to use during lessons
**Please note that some activities will require other manipulates (not included), but I have done my best to only include manipulates that are found in most maternelle classrooms (buttons, snap cubes, counting bears, pompoms, etc.). If you are missing any of the suggested manipulates, you are welcome to substitute for whatever you have!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*