Jeu Youpi! – FRENCH Letter Game – School-Themed Alphabet Literacy Centre
Looking for a simple, engaging game that your French primary students can play this school year to practice associations between upper-and lowercase letters? Youpi! will provide your students with tons of fun practice for this skill!
Looking for a simple, engaging French letter game that your primary students can play this school year to practice associations between upper and lowercase letters?
Youpi! will provide your students with tons of fun practice for this skill!
You can use this game during small group time, but it also includes “I Can” cards in French so that students can easily play independently in partners or groups as a centre.
How to play this French Letter Game:
- Print, cut out, and laminate all sets of playing cards for desired number of groups (you can use all the letters, or just practice the letters you have taught and add more as the year progresses)
- Place each type of card (uppercase and lowercase) in a separate small zip lock bag, and then place both small bags in either a big zip lock or a container.
- The uppercase cards go in a pile, face-down. Each student will take 5 lowercase cards and lay them down face-up in a row. They can put the remaining lowercase cards aside until the next round.
- One at a time, students draw an uppercase card and say the name of the letter out loud (saying it out loud is important and really helps them solidify it!). If they have the corresponding lowercase letter on one of the cards in front of them, they say “Youpi!” and flip it over in their row.
- The first student to flip over all 5 cards is the winner! Students can then each draw 5 more lowercase cards and restart the draw deck.
This version of Youpi! is school–themed.
What are other teachers saying about this French letter game?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This is the most highly requested game that I play with my students. They LOVE it and are constantly asking if we can pull it out. Simple to prep, engaging to play- the perfect combination!” – A Playful Purpose
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students love this game, great way to practice the alphabet.” – Jill R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Love using this game. Nice to have a different activity for my literacy centers.” – EC P.
Check out more school-themed resources here!❤️
- FRENCH Vocabulary Cards Year Long Bundle (cartes de vocabulaire)
- FRENCH School Themed Sight Word / Alphabet Fluency Practice Centre – L’école
- FRENCH Back to School Math and Literacy Dab It Activities (la rentrée)
- FRENCH Oral Communication Game for Back to School – Jeu de communication orale – la rentrée
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
✅Follow me on Instagram for more primary French teaching tips and resources!