Lis et couvre – The BIG BUNDLE – French Science of Reading Decoding Practice
Are your French primary students struggling to use their letter sound/phonics knowledge and blending skills to put sounds together and read new words? Do they need more practice reading new words with vowel sounds and making sure they understand them? Lis et couvre is a fun, simple, low-prep game to get your students practicing blending sounds in a way that doesn’t even seem like reading!
Are your French primary students struggling to use their letter sound/phonics knowledge and blending skills to put sounds together and read new words? Are they struggling with vowel sounds and/or sons composés?
Do they need more practice decoding new words and making sure they understand them?
Lis et couvre is a fun, simple, low-prep game to get your students practicing « la fusion », or blending sounds, in a way that doesn’t even seem like reading! This is a bundle of ALL my Lis et couvre games – 35 game boards in all!
SAVE OVER 20% BY PURCHASING THESE RESOURCES AS A BUNDLE!
This bundle includes:
- 6 vowel game boards (a, e, i, o, u, é)
- 7 son composé game boards (on, ou, ch, oi, au/eau, in/ain, an/en)
- 7 “anytime” game boards (objects, colours, numbers, shapes)
- 8 seasonal game boards (two for each season)
- 7 holiday game boards (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, Easter)
- Game cards for each of the boards
How to prep:
- Print the desired game board(s) and the cards that match (I suggest printing the cards on coloured paper – a different colour for each game)
- Laminate for durability (optional)
- Cut apart the cards
How to play:
- To play, students will work in pairs
- Each student will need a set of counters/cubes/etc
- Students will place cards face-down in a pile, and taking turns, will draw one card and try to read what is on the card
- If they are able to find the picture that matches what they have read, they cover that picture with one of their counters
- If they are unable to read the word, they replace the card at the bottom of the deck and it is the other partner’s turn
- The player at the end with the most counters is the winner
I usually use this game during small group time, but if your students are able to blend sounds without help, it could be used as an independent centre as well. This game is a GREAT way for students to practice blending, as they are able to use the remaining pictures on the game board as clues to the word if their blends aren’t quite right, and self-correct!
This product is a bundle of ALL of my “Lis et couvre” resources. Save over 20% by purchasing the big bundle! The following resources are included:
- Lis et couvre – Original
- Lis et couvre – Les voyelles
- Lis et couvre – Les sons composés
- Lis et couvre – Les saisons
- Lis et couvre – les fêtes
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
There are no reviews yet.