Digital FRENCH Winter Reading Game – Lis, trouve et couvre HIVER
Do you use Google Classroom™, and are you looking for a ready-made, engaging resource for your maternelle and/or première année students to use for reading practice? Check out this winter-themed, DIGITAL « Lis, trouve et couvre » activity!
Do you use Google Classroom™, and are you looking for a ready-made, engaging resource for your maternelle and/or première année students to use for reading practice?
Check out this winter-themed, DIGITAL « Lis, trouve et couvre » activity!
This resource is DIGITAL, and is intended to be used with Google Classroom™.
It is colourful and engaging – your students will love “dragging and dropping” the pieces to complete each page.
With 15 Slides included, your students will be able to practice reading up to 30 words (if 30 is too many, you can remove any Slides you don’t want to use by deleting them) And it’s no prep – just upload to Google Classroom™, share with your students, & go!
(If you are not familiar with Google Classroom™, I would strongly recommend learning about how to use it and set it up PRIOR to purchasing this resource!)
In this resource, you will find…
- 30 winter-themed words to read (2 per slide x 15 slides)
- 3 potential options for your students to use as picture support to help their decoding
- Each word has a blue “box” that students can easily drag to cover the correct word, showing their answer
- PDF instructions + tech tips for you
all with fun, winter-themed clip art and clear, easy-to-read fonts!
The drag & drop format for responses makes at-home practice simple and fun.
- This resource is a Google Slides™ product, and is intended to be used with Google Classroom™. It can be used on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. I am not familiar with any other platforms (Seesaw, Teams, etc. and cannot guarantee that it will work as described if shared via those platforms instead).
- If you/your students try to play this game in “Present” mode (“Lire”), the GAME WILL NOT WORK. It MUST be played in “Edit” mode for the boxes to be “draggable”!
- Before assigning, you can delete any slides you don’t want your students to complete (maybe some are too difficult, use unfamiliar vocabulary, or your students’ stamina won’t allow them to complete all 15 pages in one go). You can also create a new presentation and copy-paste half the slides over to spread the activity over two+ days. . Share with your students only, please!
- Each time you click the link in the document, you’ll get a fresh copy of the original template — you can start over anytime!
****Please note that your students will need an Internet connection, a school Google Classroom account, and some sort of device in order to complete these worksheets***
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*