FRENCH Phonological Awareness Literacy Roll & Cover Game – Roule et couvre
Roule et couvre – use this simple, fun game during small-group time or as a literacy centre to help students practice associating upper- and lowercase letters, identifying beginning sounds in words, identifying ending sounds in words, identifying blends or “sons composés” in words, counting the number of syllables in a word, and/or identifying vowel sounds in the middle of words.
Do your students need a little extra motivation and fun to get them practicing important phonological awareness skills? Looking for something new and different for your literacy centres – the kind of activity that your students will LOVE and not even realize they are learning while playing?
Roule et couvre may be just the game you are looking for! Use this simple, fun game during small-group time or as a literacy centre to help students practice :
- ✓ associating upper- and lowercase letters
- ✓ identifying beginning sounds in words
- ✓ identifying ending sounds in words
- ✓ identifying blends or “sons composés” in words
- ✓ counting the number of syllables in a word
- ✓ identifying vowel sounds in the middle of words
16 different game boards and 16 different dice included!
How to play:
- Print and laminate the game boards and assemble the dice you need (cut the solid lines and fold the dotted lines), and provide each student with 10 counters (jetons).
- Students will play in teams of two.
- They roll the dice and identify a corresponding image on their side of the game board (ex. Quelle image démontre quelque chose avec le même son final que “escargot”? Bateau!), then cover it with a jeton and pass the dice to their partner.
- If they roll something they have already covered, tough luck – they only get to roll once per turn.
- The first to cover up all 10 images or letters wins!
These games also include a LOT of new vocabulary words for your French immersion students – they will be saying these new words over and over while figuring out the sounds/syllables in each word!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*