Looking for a simple, engaging game that students can play this school year to practice associations between words and their beginning letters?
Youpi! will provide your students with tons of fun practice for this skill!
GRAB THIS BUNDLE AND SAVE 20%!
You can use this game during small group time, but it also includes “I Can” cards in French so that students can easily play independently in partners or groups as a centre.
- Print, cut out, and laminate all sets of playing cards for desired number of groups (you can use all the letters, or just practice the letters you have taught and add more as the year progresses)
- Place each type of card (2 types per theme) in a separate small zip lock bag, and then place both small bags in either a big zip lock or a container.
- The one set of cards go in a pile, face-down. Each student will take 5 of these cards and lay them down face-up in a row. They can put the remaining cards from this pile aside until the next round.
- One at a time, students draw a from the other set of cards and say the name of the object out loud (saying it out loud is important and really helps them identify that beginning letter!). If they have the corresponding initial letter on one of their face-up cards in front of them, they say “Youpi!” and flip it over in their row.
- The first student to flip over all 5 cards is the winner! Students can then each draw 5 more cards and restart the draw deck.
Please note that all letters have four corresponding beginning letter cards. However, some letters are impossible to have four separate images in French! In those cases (Uu, Ww, Xx), 1-2 images are repeated four times. This is to ensure that if two students are looking for something that begins with Xx, for example, they will still have a chance to win even if one partner finds the xylophone first.
For Ee, I have chosen two words that begin with Ee and two that begin with Éé. I have included cards for both; you can decide if you want to use them both or just Ee.
Check out each resource included in this bundle by clicking on the following links:
- Youpi! La rentrée
- Youpi! Été
- Youpi! Printemps
- Youpi! Boules de gomme
- Youpi! C’est l’Halloween
- Youpi! Noël
- Youpi! C’est l’hiver
- Youpi! C’est l’automne
- Youpi! La Saint-Valentin
- Youpi! Pâques
- Youpi! La Saint-Patrick
- Youpi! Les dinosaures
MORE RESOURCES TO PRACTICE LA LETTRE INITIALE:
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*