FRENCH Alphabet Morning Messages – Messages du matin (alphabet) – DIGITAL VIDEOS
These DIGITAL morning alphabet messages are a great way to show your students each letter, get your students moving, talk about the sound(s) each letter makes, and start a discussion about words that begin with each letter. This resource includes one VIDEO morning message for each letter, except Cc and Gg (they get two!). You can project these videos in your classroom OR us them during synchronous distance teaching.
Looking for a fun, unique way to introduce each letter of the alphabet to your students, en français?
These DIGITAL morning alphabet messages are a great way to show your students each letter, get your students moving, talk about the sound(s) each letter makes, and start a discussion about words that begin with each letter.
This resource includes one VIDEO morning message for each letter, except Cc and Gg (they get two!). You can project these videos in your classroom OR us them during synchronous distance teaching.
**If you are using these for distance teaching, I would suggest some sort of live component, rather than just sending the videos, as there are discussion prompts etc. included in the videos.
How to use this product:
- Choose the video from the list for the letter you are doing that day. NOTE: Choosing a video from the list requires an internet connection.
- In person: Project the video on your classroom screen, and talk while it plays. Pause for further discussion whenever necessary.
Distance teaching: Stream the video on your computer and “Share your screen” via whichever platform you are using for your live distance teaching. Make sure your mic is on, and you’ll be able to talk as the video plays and your students will hear you in real time. You could also pre-record a video like this, with you talking, and then share it with parents. You MAY NOT EVER post these videos to Youtube or to any other platform that is not password-protected, as-is OR with voiceover. Please be respectful of the many, many hours these videos took to create!
Each video message contains 5 “parts”:
- Introduce the letter of your day to your students, and the sound it makes.
- Students will “skywrite” and practice “writing” the letter in the air (upper- and lowercase) with correct letter formation. I strongly suggest having them make the sound of the letter while skywriting!
- Students will say some anchor words that begin with the target letter. When the pause icon appears, pause the video and allow students to share other words they know that begin with the target letter.
- Students will determine whether three words begin with the target letter or not. I have my students flash thumbs up/thumbs down. If you need more time before the answers are revealed, pause the video when “vérifions!” pops up.
- It is so important to put our students in “les situations de communication” EVERY day. That’s why there is a “tourne et dis!” built right into the message, where students will turn and tell a neighbour as many words as they can think of, en français, that begin with the target letter.
NOTE: These videos and the timing in them cannot be edited, but you can pause the videos at any time if your students need more time.
THINGS TO KNOW PRIOR TO PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE:
- This resource is a .pdf download that contains links to each video. Videos are hosted in Google Drive, but can be downloaded & saved to your computer. This requires an internet connection.
- Videos MAY NOT be posted to Youtube, even for your students. You MAY email them directly to families and/or post them on a password-protected site, such as Google Classroom.
- You MAY use these for live distance teaching, or pre-record them with voiceover to send to families later. But, YOU MAY NOT post videos with voiceover to Youtube, share them with colleagues, or resell them.
- The content of the videos, timing, etc. cannot be edited. If your students need more time, you can pause the video at any time. If the video is too slow, you can adjust playback speed in your video player settings.
Use my alphabet posters, alphabet flash cards, or other alphabet resources? These morning messages correspond to my other anchor words!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*