FRENCH First Grade Math Les nombres 11 à 20 (Decomposing Teen Numbers)
This first grade math unit includes TEN complete Decomposing teen numbers lesson plans, along with warm-up activities, whole-group activities, partner practice activities, independent worksheets & interactive notebook options, sorting mats, vocabulary cards, and more!
Are you trying to get math workshop started in your French primary classroom, but have no idea where to begin? Want to make sure that your students get the most out of their math lessons, but aren’t sure how to structure them? Looking for some ideas to make your lessons more hands-on and engaging? Do your students need to work on REALLY learning and understanding teen numbers?
This FRENCH math workshop unit can help!
As a primary teacher in a francophone school, I knew for years that my math lessons needed to be hands-on, engaging, and fun for my students. Plus, of course, they needed to be learning the material!
There weren’t really any resources available to me en français, and I had NO IDEA where to even begin!
After LOTS of trial and error, I have finally found a math workshop lesson plan structure I love, as well as a bank of activities to draw from that have proven to be successful in helping my students master decomposing teen numbers, and understanding that teen numbers are made up of a « dizaine » and « les unités ».
During all that trial and error, I always wished that there was a program already out there with everything that I needed inside. I wished that there was something out there that could even just point me in the right direction!!
So, I have put TEN of my decomposing teen numbers lesson plans together for you, along with warm-up activities, whole-group activities, partner practice activities, independent worksheets & interactive notebook options, sorting mats, vocabulary cards, and more!
These lessons and materials have all been tested with my own students. They have been a huge factor in helping my students really master and understand teen numbers and how they made up of a « dizaine » and some « unités » .
- Ten pre-made, easy-to-follow lesson plans. Each shows the skills being taught/practiced, materials lists, warm-up/show what you know ideas, a whole-group lesson, and a partner practice activity
- A variety of warm-up activities, including fluency cards and a whole-group game (J’ai, qui a)
- An independent math worksheet AND interactive notebook option to close out each lesson
- Clear instructions for structuring your math block
- Math talk cards to help your students practice talking about numbers to 20
- A post-unit evaluation to help you know if your students understand numbers to ten at the end of the unit
- Various options for creating your student partner lists ahead of time
**Please note that some activities will require manipulates (not included). I have done my best to only include manipulates that are found in most maternelle classrooms (snap cubes, paperclips, etc.). If you are missing any of the suggested manipulates, you are welcome to substitute for whatever you have!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*