FRENCH Phonics-based High Frequency Words Program – Les mots de la semaine Weeks 5-8
Looking for a way to help your French primary students learn and master high frequency words, in a way that is aligned with the Science of Reading? Check out this French high frequency words resource – Les mots de la semaine: Weeks 5-8.
Looking for a way to help your French primary students learn and master high frequency words, in a way that is aligned with the Science of Reading? Check out this French high frequency words resource – Les mots de la semaine.
This resource contains weeks 5-8 of the program, and will easily allow you to teach your students 6 high-frequency words per week, with each week focusing on one target vowel sound.
In the first four weeks of this program, there are 24 words to learn in all, for the following sounds:
long o sound: gros, grosse, nos, vos, Noël, trop
short o sound: donne, bonne, notre, votre, pomme, dort
u: sur, une, plus, vu, tu, venu
é: été, allé, zéro, bébé, déjà, vélo
These high frequency words lists progress gradually, and the sentence cards use sounds from each of the preceding lists as well. There are also word wall cards, orthographic mapping materials and three other games/activities to provide additional practice reading and writing the words each week.
This FRENCH High Frequency Words Resource Includes:
- 4 word lists, with 6 words each (four printing options)
- All the words available as flash cards, one word per card (two options)
- Corresponding sentence cards that build in difficulty and allow students to practice only the vowel sounds they have seen so far (6 sentence cards per week x 4 week) **Students will need to complete weeks 1-4 prior to this set for this to be true
- Word wall cards (two printing options)
- Roule et lis/Roule et écris game boards for each week
- Evaluation sheets for gathering progress data
- A simple high frequency word game to allow your students to practice their words in small groups
Help your students learn their high frequency words via common sounds + orthographic mapping, in a way that is aligned with the Science of Reading! No memorizing and guessing here!
Enseignons ensemble members, this resource was part of the November 2023 resource pack.
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
✅Follow me on Instagram for more primary French teaching tips and resources!