Looking for a simple, effective way to build fluency with your French primary students that is aligned with the Science of Reading? Check out these decodable fluency phrases!
Each page contains a 5-8 word sentence. The sentence is built 1-2 words at a time. Students will read each line, decoding each new word (*some sentences have 1-2 “sight words” that are not decodable; these are listed at the top and are to be reviewed before the student begins to read). As students read each line, their fluency will increase with the repetition.
After they are fluent with the sentence, they can illustrate what they read to show comprehension, and cut and paste the words on the bottom in the correct order to build the sentence themselves.
This resource includes:
- 4 fluency sentences for the “a” vowel sound
- 4 fluency sentences for the “e” vowel sounds
- 4 fluency sentences for the “i” vowel sound
- 4 fluency sentences for the “o” vowel sounds
- 4 fluency sentences for the “u” vowel sound
- 4 fluency sentences for the “é” vowel sound
- Each page as a sentence that is build 1-2 words at a time, a space to illustrate the sentence to show comprehension, and the opportunity to cut and paste the sentence in the correct order
This resource is PERFECT to slide into your phonics routine as you teach each vowel!
Each strip also includes the target letter in the top right corner.
Super simple prep – just print and go!
Looking for more resources to help you teach decoding? Check out the resources below!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*