Digital FRENCH Valentine’s Day Reading Comprehension – La Saint-Valentin
Do you use Google Classroom™, and are you looking for a ready-made, engaging Valentine’s Day resource for your maternelle and/or première année students to use for reading comprehension? Check out this Saint-Valentin-themed, DIGITAL « Lis et complète » activity!
Do you use Google Classroom™, and are you looking for a ready-made, engaging Valentine’s Day resource for your maternelle and/or première année students to use for reading comprehension?
Check out this Saint-Valentin-themed, DIGITAL « Lis et complète » activity!
This resource is DIGITAL, and is intended to be used with Google Classroom™.
It is colourful and engaging – your students will love “dragging and dropping” the pieces to complete each picture.
This resource includes a word bank + 20 different slides where your students can read a simple sentence and drag & drop to complete the photo.
I suggest going over the word bank words with your students live, and then having them complete the slides independently.
I would also recommend breaking this activity up over a few days — you can easily copy/paste the desired number of slides into a new Google Slides™ document and share with your students via Google Classroom™.
(If you are not familiar with Google Classroom™, I would strongly recommend learning about how to use it and set it up PRIOR to purchasing this resource!)
In this resource, you will find…
- ✓ 20 Valentine’s Day-themed slides with sentences to read and characters to drag & drop to complete the picture
- ✓ 1 word bank slide
- ✓ PDF instructions + tech tips for you
all with fun, Valentine’s-themed clip art and clear, easy-to-read fonts!
The drag & drop format for responses makes at-home practice simple and fun.
- This resource is a Google Slides™ product, and is intended to be used with Google Classroom™. It can be used on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. I am not familiar with any other platforms (Seesaw, Teams, etc. and cannot guarantee that it will work as described if shared via those platforms instead).
- If you/your students try to play this game in “Present” mode (“Lire”), the GAME WILL NOT WORK. It MUST be played in “Edit” mode for the boxes to be “draggable”!
- Before assigning, you can delete any slides you don’t want your students to complete (maybe some are too difficult, use unfamiliar vocabulary, or your students’ stamina won’t allow them to complete all 20 pages in one go). You can also create a new presentation and copy-paste half the slides over to spread the activity over two+ days. . Share with your students only, please!
- Each time you click the link in the document, you’ll get a fresh copy of the original template — you can start over anytime!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*