FRENCH Oral Communication Game – Oiseau, oiseau – Jeu de communication orale
Looking for a fun, engaging way to get your students speaking French and learning new, important vocabulary words? This engaging bird-themed jeu de communication orale is a great way to get all your students speaking, right from the beginning of the year!
Looking for a fun, engaging way to get your students speaking French and learning new, important vocabulary words? This fun jeu de communication orale is a great way to get all your students speaking, right from the beginning of the year!
This bird-themed classroom is easy to play, and easy to prep. Just print, laminate, and cut out the pieces and you are ready to play! I put the bear cards in a basket, and put my cave on a piece of chart paper.
- Put the bird cards in a basket and make sure the nest is on display. Sing the poem with your students a few times and review the vocabulary words on the cards.
- Choose a student to come draw the first card. They will say the name of the object or the colour on the card. If they don’t know, encourage your other students to help figure it out! I like to then have my whole class repeat the answer in a complete sentence: C’est _________!
- Once everyone knows what the vocabulary word is, your student can put the bird in the nest (using tape or sticky tack), and the game continues. Repeat the poem and another student can choose a bird card.
You may choose to have one card per student, or just choose a few words to work on at a time. The words on these cards correspond with all of the anchor words in my alphabet products!
- A simple, catchy poem for your whole class to sing to introduce each round of the game
- 28 pre-made bird cards (in colour)
- The same 28 bird cards in black & white
- A powerpoint file with blank, EDITABLE birds (in colour AND black & white), for you to add your own words.
To add your own words, just insert images into the editable .ppt file and print!
This game is wonderful when you have the majority of the class at the carpet ready to get started, but a few stragglers finishing up their work. We start playing, and the stragglers are immediately motivated to get to the carpet as fast as they can!
My students also use the game independently as a literacy centre, once they are experts.
***If you participated in my 2020 Back to School Challenge for French Primary Teachers, don’t purchase this. You already own it!!***
Please note that this product is contained in a Zip file that includes both a pdf document (the game) and a PowerPoint file (the editable page). In order to edit the game, you must have PowerPoint or Keynote on your computer. Please ensure that your computer can open zipped files prior to purchasing!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*