Jeu Youpi! – FRENCH Autumn-Themed Alphabet Literacy Centre
Looking for a simple, engaging game that your French primary students can play this fall to practice associations between upper-and lowercase letters? Youpi! L’automne will provide your students with tons of fun practice for this skill!
Looking for a simple, engaging game that your French primary students can play this autumn to practice associations between upper-and lowercase letters?
Youpi! will provide your students with tons of fun practice for this skill!
You can use this game during small group time, but it also includes “I Can” cards in French so that students can easily play independently in partners or groups as a centre.
How to play:
- Print, cut out, and laminate all sets of playing cards for desired number of groups (you can use all the letters, or just practice the letters you have taught and add more as the year progresses)
- Place each type of card (uppercase and lowercase) in a separate small zip lock bag, and then place both small bags in either a big zip lock or a container.
- The uppercase cards go in a pile, face-down. Each student will take 5 lowercase cards and lay them down face-up in a row. They can put the remaining lowercase cards aside until the next round.
- One at a time, students draw an uppercase card and say the name of the letter out loud (saying it out loud is important and really helps them solidify it!). If they have the corresponding lowercase letter on one of the cards in front of them, they say “Youpi!” and flip it over in their row.
- The first student to flip over all 5 cards is the winner! Students can then each draw 5 more lowercase cards and restart the draw deck.
This version of Youpi! is fall–themed.
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*