Use these summer-themed syllable puzzles during your French literacy centres and give your students valuable and engaging practice breaking words into parts and putting them back together!
Learning how to divide words into syllables is SO important for our French primary students! It is essential that our French kindergarten and first grade students master segmenting words into syllables, as well as putting syllables together in order to make words.
When our students practice breaking words into parts, holding the parts in their minds, and sticking them together to make a word, they will be better prepared for when they begin reading big words on their own.
This resource includes:
- 30 syllable puzzles with a summer theme
- All puzzles are in full colour with bright, engaging images
- All words have two or three syllables
- Puzzles are square for easy cutting
How to use:
- To prepare the cards, simply print, laminate, and cut
- To make them self correcting, you may want to put a matching sticker on the backs of each of the pieces that go together
- Model to your students how to find the 2-3 parts of each image that belong together, and “read” each part of the word
- If your students are not yet reading, that’s okay! These puzzles feature the image AND syllable parts on the same pieces – students do not need to know how to read in order to be successful with these puzzles! But, they should be able to correctly break each word into two parts, and say each part separately
This resource is perfect for independent literacy centres. Simple, but fun and effective!
Enseignons ensemble members, this resource was included in the May 2023 resource pack.
Looking for more syllables resources? Check these out!
*This download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*